Ragging of fresher in academic institutions by senior students was rampant in Indian Colleges. Ragging has taken many shapes including physical violence, sexual abuse and humiliation and milder form of pressurizing juniors to do Term Papers etc. Several steps taken by authorities so far have not improved matters. Even deaths due to ragging continues to be reported. Any one who underwent/noticed malpractices may immediately report to the Head of the Institution, SJM Arts, Science and Commerce College or College Anti-Ragging cell.
University Grants Commission has set up a toll free Helpline for dealing with Ragging. Any victim of ragging can ring up the toll free No - 1800-180-5522 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The helpline will be operational 24 hours. Immediate action will be taken within fifteen minutes by alerting appropriate authorities, be it the head of the educational institution, the district collector or the police. Monitoring the progress of follow up activities by all concerned is also included.
The Anti Ragging Guidelines issued by UGC defines Ragging in a broader way to consider all activities that constitute ragging. They are applicable to all educational institutions both in government and public sectors including transport facilities.
The culprits when found guilty may be rusticated for four sessions or fined up to 2.5 Lakhs. Govt. has issued ORDINANCE which provides punishment on students involved in Ragging, by imprisonment in Jail, Monetary Fine, Expulsion from Institute, Ban on admission in other Institutes, ban on any employment etc.,
There is an anti-Ragging Cell in our College which is headed by Principal and working properly in cooperation with well experienced members.
- As per the rules and regulations of university, students' attendance, progress and conduct must be satisfactory to write examination.
- 75% of attendance is compulsory in order to write examination.
- The students who do not possess minimum attendance are not eligible to get any scholarship from the government.
- The progress of the Student's will be regarded by the attendance and marks of internal assessment.
- Students' progress will be considered as unsatisfactory if he/she is absent for the tests.
- Students will be individually monitored by entire college staff. In case of miss behavior students discipline committee will take necessary actions by informing parents / guardians. If necessary he/she will be rusticated form the college.
- Ragging and Malpractice is considered as punishable affiance. And he / she will not be able to continue their education anywhere.
- Students will be care full while filling examination forms. And can take assistance form examination committee members/ Lecturers.
- No-Due certificate from all the departments should be produce before obtaining Hall Ticket.
- Minimum passing marks is 40 in main examination which includes 35% in theory examination and 40% in average including internals assessments.
- The result Class will be given by consolidating marks from all the semester.
2. Below 70 and above 60 - First class
3. Below 60 and above 50 - Second class